Terms & Conditions (ADI)
Please read the Terms and Conditions before starting your training
- All instructors must be able to read a number plate at a distance of 26.5 metres, with glasses if normally worn.
- Your Driving Licence will need to be seen, and your National Insurance number provided so your licence can be checked.
- Unless otherwise requested, your sessions will be on a one to one basis. We are happy to start and finish your lesson from different locations, provided these are agreed at least one week in advance, and that both are within the trainer's usual area of work.
- You must declare any medical condition that may affect your training or anything that will affect your ability to learn.
- You MUST declare if you or anyone you live with has been in contact with anyone who has signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Any medical changes that occur during the time you are receiving training sessins must be declared.
- Trainee Instructors MUST give a minimum of 72 hours’ notice if you wish to cancel a lesson booking.
- If you do not give at least 72 hours’ notice you will be charged for the training session in full.
- You MUST pay for lessons at least 1 week prior to the start of your session.
- Payments can be made on the ‘Make a Payment’ page on the Spot On Driving website.
- Refunds will not be given. If you suspend taking any pre-paid lessons for more than 12 weeks, any remaining tuition will be forfeited.
- We require payment to terms. Payment must be made on time, in full, and without any deduction, off set or counterclaim. In the event that an account is outstanding, we will refer the matter to our debt collection agents, Daniels Silverman Limited, which will incur additional costs. The additional costs incurred to collect the debt will be added to the debt, plus VAT at the prevailing rate. You agree that you will be legally liable to pay the outstanding account plus additional costs, and that payment of the same can be enforced against you in court. If applicable, you also agree to pay compensation and interest at the relevant reference rate, as provided for under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- If you request a refund, for any reason, there will be an administration fee of £25.00
- Your Part 2 and 3 Tests must be booked for a time when you will be fully test ready.
- If you are not ready for your test 2 weeks before, it will be re-scheduled.
- Trainers at Spot On will refuse to accompany anyone on their tests until they feel the trainee is fully prepared and test ready.
- Trainers will always endeavour to arrive to your session on time. If they are going to be more than 5 minutes late they will try to call you (this will depend on whether they can stop the car to call, and if they have a mobile phone signal). Arriving late is occasionally unavoidable due to traffic holdups, breakdowns, accidents etc.
- If an trainer is late the lost time will either be added to the end of your session or added on to a future session.
- If you are late for your session then the time will be lost. You will need to book and pay for further training.
- If you don’t turn up for a session your trainer will wait for you for 15 minutes. Unless they have heard from you, after 15 minutes they will leave and the session will be changed in full.
Medication / Drugs / Alcohol
- You MUST NOT be under the influence of drugs / alcohol during your training session. In the event of there being any sign of drug / alcohol use your trainer will have no choice but to cancel your session, and you will be charged in full.
- Any prescribed medication that may affect your driving must be declared to your trainer.
- During your sessions with Spot On your trainer will do everything they can to prevent you from breaking the law. However, any fines that are incurred will be the responsibility of you, the driver.
Damage To A Vehicle
- During sessions, every effort will be made to assist you, the driver, in avoiding any damage to the car.
- However, if any damage to a Spot On vehicle is caused by you, you will be liable to pay for repairs.
In Car Camera
- Sessions may be recorded for safety reasons, and in the case of an incident. Sound will not be recorded without your knowledge.
Cancelled Driving Test
- Spot On Driving cannot take responsibility for any tests that are cancelled by the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency).
- Once you have passed your Part 2 and Part 3 test your trainer will ask you to fill in a Customer Review form, and will take a Pass Photo of you and the Spot On vehicle.
The review and photo may be used on:
and other Social Media platforms.
It is your responsibility to inform your trainer if you do not want your review and photo used as above.
Spot On Driving will collect and store the following information:
- Full Name
- Driving Licence Number
- National Insurance Number
- Date of Birth
- Phone Numbers
- Next of Kin details
- Any relevant information that may affect your ability to drive or to learn
This information will be stored in secure, cloud-based software called MyDriveTime.
It will be used to provide our service effectively, to contact you or next of kin if necessary, to enable you access to the eLearning course, to check your driving licence and to book your driving test.
You can request access to this information at any time.