COVID 19 Code of Practice
This document outlines the procedures that will/may be followed during your driving lesson.
This document has been written for the safety of you and your family, your instructor and those we come into contact with.
Please take time to listen to and/or read this document carefully, and then sign it.
WHAT YOUR INSTRUCTOR WILL DO:
- Your driving lesson will not be conducted if your instructor is displaying any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days, or if they have been in contact with anyone who was shown symptoms within the last 14 days.
- Your instructor will wipe down all contact points at the start and end of each lesson.
- Your instructor will contact you the day before your driving lesson, and on the day off your driving lesson, to confirm that your lesson can still go ahead.
- Your instructor will take your temperature before you enter the training vehicle.
- Your instructor will wear a face covering for as much of the lesson as possible.
- Your instructor will have hand sanitizer available and will use it frequently.
- Your instructor will wear clean clothes every day and have as much of their body covered with long trousers and long sleeves.
- Your instructor will ensure the car is well ventilated while you are driving.
- Your instructor may need to stop your lesson in order to ventilate and clean the contact points in the vehicle.
- In addition to wiping down all contact points as the start and end of each lesson, your instructor will:
- give the car a deeper clean at the end of each working day
- give the car a thorough deep clean every week
- Your instructor will limit the use of air conditioning
- Your instructor may re-check your Driving Licence and your eyesight
- Your instructor may have some conversations with you outside of the vehicle.
- Your instructor, wherever possible, will face forward during the lesson.
- If your instructor undertakes a demonstration drive, all controls will be cleaned.
- If your instructor has to take control of the steering wheel or any other controls, you will be asked to park the vehicle safely to allow the instructor to clean.
- You will be expected to inform your instructor as soon as you can, before your next lesson, if you are displaying any symptoms of the virus within the last 7 days, or if you have been in contact with anyone who has shown symptoms within the last 14 days.
- You MUST respond to the Health Check messages from your instructor the night before and on the day of your lesson. If you do not respond your instructor will assume that you are unable to attend the lesson.
- The student must allow their temperature to be taken before entering the vehicle.
- All students will be asked to supply and wear their own face mask for the driving lesson. Please put this on before entering the car. If you do not have/wear a face mask, your lesson will not go ahead.
- Please wash your hands for at least 20 seconds immediately before your lesson.
- Please use the hand sanitizer your instructor offers throughout the lesson.
- The student must have as much of their body covered with long trousers and long sleeves.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary belongings to your lesson. This includes bags, coats and mobile phones. Any belongings will need to be placed into a plastic bag and in the boot of the car.
- Outside toilets are limited. Please try to make sure you do not need to use a toilet during your lesson.
LESSON CANCELLATION FEE
48 hours’ notice is still required, or the lesson cancellation fee will apply. However, it is important that you do cancel your lesson if you feel you may have COVID-19 or have had contact with anyone who was shown symptoms in the last 14 days.
In these circumstances no fee will be applied for late cancellation. In this situation your next lesson will not take place for the next two weeks afterwards, to ensure a safe period of time has elapsed to stop the spread of the virus.
COVID 19 Code of Practice
This form is to outline the safety measures that instructors will take, and the safety measures that pupils are expected to take, during driving lessons.