Terms & Conditions (Driving Lessons)
Please read the Terms and Conditions prior to lessons commencing
- Tuition is available to anyone aged 15+ for Young Driver lessons at Henstridge Airfield, or for anyone aged 17+ who has a provisional licence.
- All learners must be able to read a number plate at a distance of 20.5 metres, with glasses if normally worn.
- Your Driving Licence will need to be seen, and your National Insurance number provided so your licence can be checked.
- Your eyesight will be checked at the start of your first lesson, and may be checked again close to your test date in case of any changes.
- Unless otherwise requested, your driving lessons will be on a one to one basis. We are happy to start and finish your lesson from different locations, provided these are agreed at least one week in advance, and that both are within the instructor’s usual area of work.
- For Motorway, Pass Plus or Refresher lessons a Full Valid Driving Licence must be produced.
- You must declare any medical condition that may affect your driving or anything that will affect your ability to learn.
- You MUST declare if you or anyone you live with has been in contact with anyone who has signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Any medical changes that occur during the time you are receiving lessons must be declared.
- Learner Drivers MUST give a minimum of 48 hours’ notice if you wish to cancel a lesson booking.
- If you do not give at least 48 hours’ notice you will be charged for the lesson in full.
- You MUST pay for lessons at least 48 hours prior to the start of your lesson.
- Payments can be made on the ‘Make a Payment’ page on the Spot On Driving website.
- Refunds will not be given. If you suspend taking any pre-paid lessons for more than 12 weeks, any remaining tuition will be forfeited.
- We require payment to terms. Payment must be made on time, in full, and without any deduction, off set or counterclaim. In the event that an account is outstanding, we will refer the matter to our debt collection agents, Daniels Silverman Limited, which will incur additional costs. The additional costs incurred to collect the debt will be added to the debt, plus VAT at the prevailing rate. You agree that you will be legally liable to pay the outstanding account plus additional costs, and that payment of the same can be enforced against you in court. If applicable, you also agree to pay compensation and interest at the relevant reference rate, as provided for under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- If you request a refund, for any reason, there will be an administration fee of £25.00.
- Your practical driving test will normally be booked by your instructor once you have passed a Mock Test, or at the start of a Semi Intensive Course.
- If you are not ready for your test 1-2 weeks before, it will be re-scheduled.
- Instructors at Spot On will refuse to take anyone for a driving test until they feel the pupil is fully prepared to drive safely on the roads, and are test ready.
- Lessons MUST be continued, and preferably increased, leading up to your driving test.
- Instructors will always endeavour to arrive to your lesson on time. If they are going to be more than 5 minutes late they will try to call you (this will depend on whether they can stop the car to call, and if they have a mobile phone signal). Arriving late is occasionally unavoidable due to traffic holdups, breakdowns, accidents etc.
- If an instructor is late the lost time will either be added to the end of your lesson or added on to a future lesson.
- Occasionally lessons times will need to be changed, or a lesson cancelled. If your instructor needs to cancel your lesson you will not be charged for it.
- If you are late for your lesson then the time will be lost. If you don’t turn up for a lesson your instructor will wait for you for 10 minutes. Unless they have heard from you, after 10 minutes they will leave and the lesson must be paid for in full.
Medication / Drugs / Alcohol
- You MUST NOT be under the influence of drugs / alcohol during your driving lesson. In the event of there being any sign of drug / alcohol use your instructor will have no choice but to cancel your lesson / test, and you will be charged in full.
- Any prescribed medication that may affect your driving must be declared to your instructor.
- During your lessons with Spot On you will be under very close supervision and your instructor will do everything they can to prevent you from breaking the law. However, any fines that are incurred will be the responsibility of you, the driver.
Damage To A Vehicle
- During lessons, every effort will be made to assist you, the driver, in avoiding any damage to the car.
- However, if it is considered that you were driving in a dangerous way during a lesson and damage is caused you will be liable to pay for repairs.
- During your driving test, the examiner will not prevent you from hitting the kerb or causing damage to the car. Therefore, any damage caused by you, the driver, will be charged to you.
In Car Camera
- Lessons may be recorded for safety reasons, and in the case of an incident. Sound will not be recorded without your knowledge.
Cancelled Driving Test
- Spot On Driving cannot take responsibility for driving tests that are cancelled by the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency).
- Once you have passed your driving test your instructor will ask you to fill in a Customer Review form, and will take a Pass Photo of you and the Spot On car.
- The review and photo may be used on:
and other Social Media platforms.
It is your responsibility to inform your instructor if you do not want your review and photo used as above.
Spot On Driving will collect and store the following information:
- Full Name
- Driving Licence Number
- National Insurance Number
- Date of Birth
- Phone Numbers
- Next of Kin details
- Any relevant information that may affect your ability to drive or to learn
This information will be stored in secure, cloud-based software called MyDriveTime.
It will be used to provide our service effectively, to contact you or next of kin if necessary, to enable you access to the eLearning course, to check your driving licence and to book your driving test.
You can request access to this information at any time.